Green Business Index (GBI), the barometer of corporate environmental responsibility in Romania, is launching today the 5th edition.
GBI is the only free tool for assessing environmental performance in accordance to ISO 14031, a mechanism for monitoring the green initiatives in the romanian business sector and a tool for assistance and capacity-building aiming at environmental performance improvement.
By means of www.gbindex.ro online platform, GBI offers Romanian companies 4 tools for evaluating and reporting their environmental performance:
- Environmental Performance Evaluation –the main service provided by GBI and rendered by means of an online diagnosis and reporting tool consisting of 7 questionnaires: corporate sustainable development, resource use, environmental impact , waste management, green buildings, supply chain sustainability ,and sustainable transportation.
- Greenhouse gas emissions calculator (also called the carbon footprint calculator) – estimates the total greenhouse gas emissions for Scope 1 Emissions 1 (direct emissions from company controlled sources), Scope 2 Emissions (indirect emissions from purchase and use of energy), and Scope 3 Emissions (indirect emissions from activities which are beyond the company’s direct control).
- Guide for environmental performance assessment and reporting – offers practical guidance for companies seeking to evaluate their level of sustainability, being built as an accompanying tool for the corporate sustainability online evaluation platform, Green Business Index.
- Video tutorials – practical, step by step guides for environmental performance assessment and the carbon footprint calculation .
From 2nd April until 30th June 2015, companies can register a free account on www.gbindex.ro and fill in the questionnaires, according to the activity sector (service/trade, industry/production and constructions).
“Environmental protection is not an option, is the way to generate and build sustainable and profitable business. Is the 5th year when GBI put at the companies service the tools to monitor their green initiatives and efforts made for environmental protection. Together we can build a sustainable business community, to complete the transfer to a green economy. The increasing number of companies participating in GBI, along with the results of annual assessments, prove that the basis for a sustainable development in Romania is real.” says Raluca Fiser, the President of Green Revolution Association.
Participating at Green Business Index brings a series of direct and indirect advantages for companies, all being of major importance for the overall corporate performance:
- Free performance assessment, accompanied by generation of an individual report, which includes specific environmental performance indicators.
- Access to expertise on:
- increase of legal compliance on environment
- boost environmental performance
- Improvement of corporate image by:
- brand consolidation
- client loyalty
- public recognition of company initiatives and efforts for environmental protection
- increase involvement of employees and business partners
The data provided by the companies in Green Business Index will be analysed by a team of independent environmental experts, after the time for filling in the questionnaires has expired. Based on the results of data processing, the top of the most responsible companies in Romania will be generated.
The results will be announced in September, during the Green Business Index Gala, when the “greenest” companies in Romania will be awarded.
GBI 2015 is a project started by Green Revolution Association, developed in partnership with The Royal Norwegian Society for Development and supported by a grant from Norway through the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014, in the frame of Green Industry Innovation Programme Romania.